我选择了另一家公司(I chose another company)

艾米利亚,你能腾出几分钟时间吗?
Amelia, could you spare a few minutes?
没问题,你需要什么?
Sure. What do you need?
嗯,我想告诉你我辞职了.
Well, I wanted to let you know that I've put in my notice.
真的?为什么?
Really? Why?
原因很复杂.不过简单来说这是迟早的事情.这家公司在缩减开支,我不能待在这里等到公司解雇我才走.
It's complicated. But bascially it boils down to one thing. This company is downsizing and I can't continue working for a company that may let me go.
可是,他们不可能解雇你的!你是这里最资深的经理之一啊.
But surely they won't fire you! You're one of the most experienced managers here!
嗯,坦白说,还有个原因.我有更好的选择了.
Well, to be honest, there's another reason. I've got a better offer.
啊,那可是个好消息!恭喜你!你要去哪儿?
Well that's great news! Congratulations! Where will you be located?
那家公司的总部设在纽约,不过我要打理和海外公司的买卖,会经常飞来飞去.
The head office is in New York, but I'll be dealing with overseas companies and flying to this side of the world from time to time.
你要走的话我会很难过,不过看来你找到了更好的机会.
It'll be sad to see you go, but it sounds like you're found yourself a great opportunity.
是的.我觉得很幸运.我一直希望能同海外公司做生意,并借机会多多锻炼英文.
I have. I feel lucky. I look forward to dealing with overseas companies and at the same time having a chance to use English more.
我很抱歉现在想向你提个要求,你走之前可以帮我写一封介绍信吗?
I'm sorry to bring this up, but would it be possible for you to write me a letter of recommendation before you go?
当然可以.实际上,如果这家新公司有合适的工作机会的话,我个人也会推荐你的.
Of course I can. In fact, if there are other job opportunities at this new company, I'll recommend you personally.
谢谢.非常感谢.
Thanks. I appreciate that.
Resource Data mp3 mp4 download hospital